This is a call for new work, from the world theatre community.
The European Shakespeare Festivals Network (ESFN) is now 10 years old and brings together 10 key festivals across Europe who present Shakespeare from an international perspective. We encourage collaboration across the various festivals, develop new opportunities and possibilities for theatre and performance makers who want to work with Shakespeare.
The ESFN are delighted to announce a world-wide competition call for a for a small-scale production for 2022.
The winner will be invited to four member festivals during the year:
Craiova International Shakespeare Festival (Romania) 19 – 29 May, 2022
Itaka Shakespeare Festival (Serbia) 30 June – 6 July 2022
Gdansk Shakespeare Festival (Poland) 27 July – 7 August 2022
Shakespeare Festival at Hamlet’s Castle (Denmark) 29 July – 7 August 2022
To apply, you must be available to perform at all four festivals.
WHAT DO WE EXPECT?
- A piece derived from Shakespeare’s plays or reworking of his text.
- Around 60-80 minutes in length.
- Maximum of 5 in the total touring company and at least 2 actors.
- No touring set – all props and costumes should be able to travel with the actors as standard luggage
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
All festivals organisers will provide:
- The festival’s regular performance fee for at least two performances
- Accommodation and local transport
- The venue and technical support
- Additional days in residence, meetings with other artists, tickets to performances etc.
- the ESFN will work with the winning company and other partners to try to cover travel costs
TO APPLY IS SIMPLE:
Please send us:
- a cv of your company and your previous achievements
- a one page statement of your idea for this performance.
- supporting material: links to online material, photographs, and films of previous productions
The call for applications is open until midnight on January 21st, 2022, and we will announce the successful production on February 1st 2022.
Applications must be send to : firstname.lastname@example.org
See you at the festivals!
Joanna Śnieżko-Misterek- Executive Director of the Board of the European Shakespeare Festivals Network
Philip Parr- Chairman of the Council of the European Shakespeare Festivals Network
Vlad Dragulescu- Vice-Chairman of the Council of European Shakespeare Festivals Network